Monday 13 July 2015

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation | Review.





bought this foundation in May and I'm glad I waited this long to review it as a month ago I would have trashed it! 

I got the shade Fiji which is the darkest of the light shades and has a yellow undertone. I also use Fiji in Sheer Glow and the All Day Luminous Powder Foundation formulas, and it the most flattering match for my skin I've ever had. 



I love Sheer Glow for short wear time but if I wear it all day I end up so horrendously oily, and I found the Sheer Matte too difficult to build up and apply. The powder version of the All Day Luminous Foundation is a holy grail on light and natural makeup days as it's so quick and blurs out imperfections but again it can leave me pretty oily by the end of a work day. I have fallen in love with my Loreal Infallible 24hr Matte as you know, but the colour match isn't quite as good as Fiji. So when I heard that the new Nars foundation was a matte long wear formula for oily skin I was so excited! 

So the first time I tried this was for Beautycon and I HATED it. I applied with a buffing brush and perhaps I used too much but I was so overly yellow and my skin looked really bumpy and textured (gross basically). I had used the powder foundation on top and it looked oily but cakey at the same time. I tried to fix it all through the day but I couldn't wait to take it off. 

I haven't touched the bottle again until two weeks ago when I really felt I needed more yellow tone in my foundation and mixed a bit in with my Loreal Infallible (in shade 11 Vanilla). I used my beauty blender this time and the result was gorgeous. I had a better colour match and the finish was lovely and matte but natural. 

This week I progressed to using the Nars foundation alone with my beauty blender and I'm thrilled to say I am loving it. I use two or three tiny pumps (a little goes a long way) and blend it into my face. I then add my concealer and set with Soap and Glory Kickass Powder and this keeps me matte for around 6-8 hours. I usually just blot rather than adding more powder and it looks fresh and even for another good few hours after that. 

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Fiji on skin in natural lighting. (Charlotte Tilbury 'Norma' on eyes, ABH 'Retro Coral' on lips, Becca 'Opal' highlighter and Nars 'Madly' blusher on cheeks)


I'm so happy that I didn't waste my money as this foundation cost me £32 and I honestly thought I'd never touch it again after the Beautycon fiasco. I love the colour of it when I use a smaller amount, although it is definitely more yellow than Sheer Glow in the same shade. I think light handed application and a beauty blender may make it work for you if you haven't had luck so far. I still prefer the Loreal Infallible formula for keeping me flawless and matte all day but the colour range of Nars is superior. I am happy to own both and I think I would actually repurchase this foundation now I have got to grips with it. 

So we have a happy ending :) Have you tried this foundation? What were your first impressions?

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of getting some samples of the nars sheer glow and nars all day luminous foundation at Sephora, have you tried the l'oreal infallible pro-glow foundation yet?

    ReplyDelete