Thursday 30 July 2015

Spotlight On | Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait.

I've decided that not all my posts need to be super long. Sometimes a quick blurb of my thoughts on a product is enough to let you guys know whether it's worth a look or not. So I'm starting this series of 'Spotlight On' posts to give you mini reviews. Hopefully this will mean I can post more often and let you in on when there's something that is just rocking my world (what's the fun in keeping it to myself?!). 



The first product I'm throwing into the spotlight is Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. Let me start by saying I got this as a freebie in a 3 for 2 offer on Revlon, and I wasn't particularly excited about it. It sat unused for around 6 months until two months ago when I picked it up again. It's since become my everyday staple lip product!

The base colour is like a peachy-rose, similar to a natural lip colour (or what I'd like my naturally pale pink lips to be!). Through this colour is a golden peach shimmer which highlights and plumps the look of the lips. I find that the shimmer accentuates my Cupid's bow, almost like a built in highlight, and the colour is very multidimensional (my pictures don't do it justice!). I love the Revlon lip butter formula as it applies easily like a lip balm, lasts for 3-4 hours on average and the colours are buildable. Peach Parfait is such a lovely natural colour and the shimmer makes it even more interesting; it's become my go to lipstick for work and weekends. My current tube of this lippie is worn right down to the end and I'll definitely be picking up another one this weekend in time for my summer holiday! 


I've had lots of compliments on it and I'd happily have paid high end price for such a lovely lippie. The best part is that it is Revlon and so it's widely available and cheap (£7.99)! If you pass by it anytime soon please swatch it. It suits me no matter how pale or tan I am and I think it would suit most skin tones from fair to medium-dark. 

What's your go to lip just now?

No comments:

Post a Comment